Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
Advertisement

#247870 by AlanJones Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:59 am
No, they're not honest mistakes, they are outright blatent lies, designed to make you appear like a legitimate busines.

1. You used "invalid WhoIs details" - why register it in a family member's name and not your own?.
2. You have stolen content from a legitimate escrow site in an attempt to appear to be an Escrow provider - it's a pity your website is gone as I'm sure the FCA would have been interested in those claims.
3. You purposely added falisified details to your Alibaba profile, presumably for the purpose of appearing more established and trustworthy than you actually are.
4. You've stolen other content, that gives the impression that you manufacture and install marquees - do you actually do either of those things?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#247874 by AlanJones Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:18 am
To be honest, your excuses are total crap, considering what it is that you are trying to excuse.

How do you excuse the fact that you stole content from another website? or that the content you stole was not actually related to the business you are running? You've got to be either total idiot, unable to understand English properly or you're a scammer - which is it?

I'm still waiting for your answers to these questions

I have another question. What is it that you actually do? Are you a manufacturer, a retailer or just a middleman?

ETA: make that 2 questions - Do you know a "Michael John Thackeray" or a "Pete Wilson" by any chance?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#247884 by Terminator5 Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:20 am
Looking at his unverified Alibaba Account , this is starting to strongly resemble some of the Cameroonian Export Scams we've seen on here . I was also unable to find any listings for his company in the UK Yellow Pages . Odd for such a large well established company with international connections and sales of 5 million .

Jargon from the alibaba profile suggests that it was not written by anyone who is fluent in English .

A copy and paste of his Alibaba Account :

Unverified Supplier - Factorybrokerage.com

Business Type:
Trading Company

Main Products:
Marquees,Hotel furniture,Chiavari Chairs

Year Established:

Year start exporting:

Number Of Employees:
11 - 50 People

Total Annual Sales Volume:
US$2.5 Million - US$5 Million

Main Markets:
North America, Western Europe, Southern Europe, South America, Eastern Europe

Average Lead Time:
7 Day(s)

FactoryBrokerage.com provides a secure and cost effective sourcing solution to purchasing directly from manufactures and factories internationally.

FactoryBrokerage.com has large buying power to ensure you get the best price. We guarantee even with our small handling charge to get you the best quality products and price.

Factorybrokerage.com provide a secure payment facility ware we use a proven system to ensure your products are shipped and received to your requirements by effectively staggering payments and brokering your purchases.

FactoryBrokerage.com is a UK registered company with strong ties to international factories that can ensure your payments, prevent miscommunication and handle all aspects of importing goods around the world.

Daniel 8 :25
#247906 by AlanJones Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:21 pm
FactoryBroker's Alibaba account is yet another example of their love of stealing content from other people.

Here's one of the main images that they use in their adverts

and here expostructures.co.uk/small.html is where they stole it from (another honest mistake?).

Here's a few little bits from one of their marquee adverts on Alibaba

Place of Origin: London, United Kingdom
Brand Name: Factory Brokerage

strange, I thought that they were just middlemen and Andrew said that he was currently visiting suppliers in Thailand, but it looks like they actually claim to be manufacturing the marquees in London.

Here's a bit more from their advert

We use only the highest quality commercial grade PVC for our structures (850g/m2 for the roof and 660g/m2 for the walls)

The PVC is double coated, which is flame retardant, UV resistant, waterproof, and complies with DIN 4102 B1, M2 (European standard).

The PVC can withstand wind speeds of 100km/h and temperatures from -40degrees C to +70 degrees C.

We supply our PVC in Brilliant White as standard but other colours are available upon request.

We offer three PVC options all at no additional cost: Solid with no windows, Solid with Georgian windows, or fully transparent.

and

We have a dedicated team of highly skilled and experienced installation engineers to manage the construction of your new structure if required. We are very competitive on price and have vast experience in handling clearspan structures. Costs are dependent on the size of marquee, space, access, preparation required such as floor levels, and whether flooring and linings are included. We can also take structures down for you and assist with relocation and reconstruction.

interestingly all of that was also stolen from expostructures.co.uk.

#247908 by AlanJones Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:27 pm
Coincidentally, when I was looking at the expostructures.co.uk website, I saw that they were also based in Plymouth and they also like to use a London phone number, rather than a local one.

29 Commercial Road
Coxside
Plymouth
PL4 0LE

0203 2821 621
[email protected]

The website is owned by Expo Enterprises Ltd (09042581), who coincidentally (again) were only incorporated in 2014. Here's a few details from their registration

Expo Enterprises Ltd was registered on 15 May 2014 with its registered office in Devon. The business has a status listed as "Active" and it currently has one director. Its founding director was Mr Michael John Thackeray. Expo Enterprises Ltd has no subsidiaries.

Trading Address
36 New Street
The Barbican
Plymouth
Devon
PL1 2NA

Ooh, that's a third coincidence, Expo Enterprises Ltd are based in that same building that FactoryBrokerage.com are - it's a wonder, when I asked, that Andrew wasn't able to immediately confirm that he knew Michael John Thackeray. I'm guessing things might be a little frosty in the office when Michael finds out that Andrew has been stealing his content.

But, there's more. Here's the registration details for expostructures.co.uk

Domain name:
expostructures.co.uk

Registrant:
Pete Wilson

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Data validation:
Registrant contact details validated by Nominet on 26-Mar-2014

Registrar:
1 & 1 Internet AG [Tag = 1AND1]
URL: https://www.1and1.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 29-May-2014
Expiry date: 29-May-2016
Last updated: 15-Apr-2015

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Registered by someone who isn't Michael John Thackeray or Expo Enterprises Ltd and hiding their address by claiming to be a non-trading individual, when in fact their website clearly shows that they're a limited company that is trading. Naughty, naughty, but perhaps Michael John Thackeray or Pete Wilson or whatever his real name is just makes regular massive honest mistakes like Andrew McDonald does.

#247910 by Terminator5 Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:29 pm
Well Andrew must be multitalented . Here it looks like he has another site not up and running yet that was registered with the same false whois details . Looks like a fake dating or social networking site under development .

Address lookup

canonical name registeredsocialprofiles.com.
aliases
addresses 184.168.221.47

Domain Whois record

Queried whois.internic.net with "dom registeredsocialprofiles.com"...
Domain Name: REGISTEREDSOCIALPROFILES.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS33.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS34.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Updated Date: 17-apr-2015
Creation Date: 13-jan-2015
Expiration Date: 13-jan-2016

>>> Last update of whois database: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 17:13:57 GMT <<<

Queried whois.godaddy.com with "registeredsocialprofiles.com"...
Domain Name: REGISTEREDSOCIALPROFILES.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1895617034_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2015-01-13T13:28:02Z
Creation Date: 2015-01-13T13:28:02Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-01-13T13:28:02Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Lesley mc donald
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 6 birch pond road
Registrant Street: plymstock
Registrant City: plymouth
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: pl9 7pg
Registrant Country: United Kingdom
Registrant Phone: +44.1752492769
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

#247911 by AlanJones Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:30 pm
Talking of mistakes, here's one of expostructures.co.uk testimonials

Chilford Hall, Cambridgeshire

After a devastating fire ruined the historic function space at Chilford Hall, we contacted Expo Structures to design and construct a structure capable of hosting weddings and functions throughout the year. A very specific brief was given to incorporate two clear event spaces as well as a small storage area. They installed permanent features such as a bar, toilet, cloakroom and kitchen to the highest standards and we are delighted with the end product. Working with Expo Structures has allowed our creative vision to be realised and a first class venue to be delivered to our clients

Glen Mejias, Director and General Manager of Chilford Hall

which leads us to onlinemarqueesales.co.uk

After a devastating fire ruined the historic function space at Chilford Hall, Online Marquee Sales were contracted to design and quote for a temporary structure to house weddings and functions throughout the year. A very specific brief was given to incorporate 2 clear event spaces as well as a small storage area. The client installed permanent features such as a bar, toilet, cloakroom and kitchen.
Glen Mejias, Director and General Manager of Chilford Hall

Working with Online Marquee Sales has allowed our creative vision to be realised and a first class venue to be delivered to our clients

and surprise, surprise they are also located in Plymouth

+44 (0)1752 224 285
Address
Online Marquee ltd, Unit 1
Stonehouse Business Centre, Plymouth, PL1 3ST
Address
[email protected]

They claim to be "Online Marquee Ltd", but Companies House has no listing for a registered company in that name.

And a quick look at their domain registration shows

Domain name:
onlinemarqueesales.co.uk

Registrant:
Pete Wilson

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Data validation:
Registrant contact details validated by Nominet on 09-Jan-2014

Registrar:
1 & 1 Internet AG [Tag = 1AND1]
URL: https://www.1and1.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 09-Jan-2014
Expiry date: 09-Jan-2016
Last updated: 21-Apr-2015

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns-uk.1and1-dns.biz
ns-uk.1and1-dns.co.uk
ns-uk.1and1-dns.com
ns-uk.1and1-dns.org

Yes, it's "Pete Wilson" (or perhaps "Michael John Thackeray") again, still pretending to be a non-trading individual to avoid reveling their address.

So, we have 2 websites, both claiming that they weere responsible for the lovely marquee at Chilford Hall. One of them must be lying, no, actually they are both lying, because here's a quote from the director of Chilford Hall.

The new Garden Rooms really are a fantastic addition and we are really pleased at the feedback we have already received from couples and event planners who have called us or visited the site.

He doesn't say who was responsible for the creation of the Garden Rooms, but the date of the article is 26 March 2013, 8 months before onlinemarqueesales.co.uk was set up and a year before FactoryBrokerage.com was incorporated and set up their site

#247914 by TerranceBoyce Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:39 pm
There are some more coincidences that I recall from last night and I just found another website Alan, this time selling chairs :shock: .

I'm having enough trouble trying to get my mind around setting up a law practice and then changing it into something completely different.

I'll do some more research. I'm not posting everything I turn up, only those things that stretch my credulity to breaking point. :mrgreen: It's interesting to note the variable writing style of the person we're dealing with. Initially I would have been certain he isn't of UK heritage, but his style has changed recently.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#247915 by AlanJones Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:48 pm
^^^I found the chair site as well. They also claim to be at

29 Commercial Road
Coxside
Plymouth
PL4 0LE

back in June 2014 (which is after Expo Enterprises Ltd was registered using that address), Google's Street View shows it as a vacant lot with no building on it and an estate agent had it for let, describing it as

This level site is enclosed by secure palisade fencing
with gates and is concrete-surfaced and drained into
a combined sewer. A mains water supply is sourced
at the front entrance and electricity will be provided
by a sub-supply from the adjacent building.

No factory or warehouse, so where do they store the marquees (and chairs)?

#247918 by AlanJones Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:58 pm
Stonehouse Business Centre, Plymouth, PL1 3ST

is another interesting address. it would be rather hard for customers to find as no street is given, but it appears on Google Maps and is actually a couple of lock up garages and an attached building. Not much space to store marquees and also no mention on the sign-age of a marquee company being located there.

#247928 by TerranceBoyce Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:23 pm
Someone is being very naughty - and I'm not talking about us.

For the moment I'll stick to the escrow site as that is quite clear cut. I'm sure there is more to be teased out of this as there is a wedding theme running through all of this, but I'll be cautious in what I reveal.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#249209 by AlanJones Mon May 04, 2015 8:48 am
The domain registration details for expostructures.co.uk and onlinemarqueesales.co.uk have now been correctly updated so that they show the full details of the registrant

Domain name:
expostructures.co.uk

Registrant:
Pete Wilson

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
33 Patterdale Walk
Plymouth
DEV
PL6 8XB
United Kingdom

#249232 by Terminator5 Mon May 04, 2015 11:15 am
Well they were unable to resurrect factorybrokerage.com, its still a clientHold status .