Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#252976 by AlanJones Wed May 27, 2015 1:45 am
Reply-to: [email protected]
Other Email: [email protected]
Tel. No.: +85258083831

I am soliciting your assistance to move an investment profit funds worth USD$48.8M from my Bank. This is genuine and I hope it will appeal to you. I need your consent to provide details.

Regards,
Wei Chen

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#252977 by AlanJones Wed May 27, 2015 1:46 am

Thank you XXX for showing interest regarding my proposal to you. I have enclosed detailed information in the attached file for your understanding.

Please open the attached file for further details, be patient to read through the information carefully. Get back to me on time if my proposal is of appeal to you after reading through the details.

Your swift response (either positive or negative) will be well appreciated.

Warmest Regards,

MR. WEI CHEN

Attachment

Introdution and brief History Of Funds:

I would respectfully request that you keep the contents of this mail confidential and respect the integrity of the information that comes by as a result of this mail. I would like to intimate you with certain facts that I believe would be of interest and great benefit to both of us, I want you to go through this letter thoroughly for better understanding.

I am WEI CHEN (a Korean by nationality), the Manager/Director for Credit & marketing Bank of Communications, Hong Kong Branch, 20 Pedder Street, Central Hong Kong and I am in charge of all our Investor's Direct Capital Funds, I have more than 208 Corporate Investors attached to my portfolio whose Capital Investment Funds are being managed and administered by me. This Capital Investment Funds has a value of over US$318.2Million net which is used for trading in Stock Market, and Lending with Profit Returns every end of year. Each corporate investor is expected to receive interest from his total Investment Capital Funds per annum on each of the Investment Capital Funds. I make an excess of 1.2% each from all the Investor's Investment Capital Funds annually which have exceeded our targeted 20% of the Total Investment Capital Funds and so far I have secretly made $48.8Million over time from Investor’s Excess Maximum Return Capital Profit (E.M.R.C.P).

However, I cannot transfer this fund to myself and hereby seek for a foreigner, who has no trace of contact with me; who would be willing to stand as an Investor to receive these funds as Tenure Investment Proceeds in his/her account. I need you (foreigner) to stand as an Investor in order for me to easily transfer the funds to your foreign account as fast as possible otherwise if discovered, our establishment will convert the funds into the company's treasury at the end of first quarter and this is where you come in. This is a fair deal without any risk attached on your side, the risk involve in this deal is on my part. I have evaluated the risks and the only risk I have here is from you refusing to work with me and alerting my bank or completing this deal half way thereby attracting the attention of some officers in my bank. All I require from you is to permit me to put you in as a foreign investor to my Bank and I assure you that I could have the deposit released to you within a few days. I will put you in as an Investor to my bank and attached the profit fund to your portfolio in order to speedily facilitate the remittance of the funds out of my bank. I will work with my Lawyer to perfect all arrangements in your favor and the funds will be paid to you for our own use. As a professional, it is my duty to ensure that the transfer is done in a quiet manner, hence you will have to follow my instructions and act accordingly to enable everything work out smoothly. I will do everything legally required to ensure that the project goes smoothly and it shall pass through all Laws of International Banking.

Meanwhile, at the successful completion of this project, 40% of the total funds ($48.8Million USD) will be your share profit for your assistance/contributions, while 55 % will be my share and 5% is set aside for Charity purpose. Please if my offer is of no appeal to you, delete this message and forget I ever contacted you. Do not destroy my career because you do not approve of my proposal. You may not know this but people like me who have made tidy sums out of comparable situations run the whole private banking sector.

I am not a criminal and what I do; I do not find against good conscience, I am the only one who knows of this situation, good fortune has blessed you with a name that has planted you into the center of relevance in my life. If you find yourself able to work with me kindly contact me on my private E-mail ([email protected]) with BRIEF information of person together with your AGE and LOCATION for further information of transaction. I'll contact you if I am satisfied with your Age and Brief Information, as these are vital to me. Rather, if you give me positive signals, I will initiate this process towards a conclusion. This information should be forwarded to me only on my private email as given above.

Contact me only through my private e-mail given above, to enable me provide further details for better understanding on how we can archive the success of this project together. I do not want any direct link between you and me. My official lines are not secure lines as they are periodically monitored to assess our level of customer care in line with our Total Quality Management Policy. Please observe this instruction religiously. Please, again! I am a family man; I have a wife and children. I send you this mail not without a measure of fear as to what the consequences, but I know within me that nothing ventured is nothing gained and that success and riches never come easy or on a platter of gold. This is the one truth I have learned from my private banking clients. Do not betray my confidence, if we can be of one accord.

I AWAIT YOUR RESPONSE.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#252978 by AlanJones Wed May 27, 2015 1:48 am
I appreciate the fact that you are ready to assist me in executing this project. I need your total devotion and trust to see this through. I know we have not met before, but I am very confident that we will be able to establish the necessary trust that we need to execute this project.

You should not have anything to worry about, I will do everything legally required to ensure that the project goes smoothly, it shall pass through all Laws of International Banking and you have my word. Having resolved to entrust this transaction into your hands, I want to remind you that, it needs your commitment and diligent follow up.

I am giving you further information for better understanding and for you to know what I required from you. Please open the attached files for further details. I need to know more about you and have some details that can help me get a written agreement prepared for us.

I have also attached my International Passport as proof of Identity, and you can contact me on my private number +85258083831. I also want to plead with you to please keep my personal details sent to you confidentially.

Looking forward to your response.

Warmest Regards,

MR. WEI CHEN

Attachments

First, I want to thank you for taking out time out of your busy time to read through the information previously sent to you, I truly appreciate the fact that you are ready and willing to assist me in executing this project. I have exhaustively considered your response today and I am satisfied that you have an understanding of the need for absolute secrecy in this pending project, hence my firm belief that I can count on your total support and confidentiality. I know we have not met before, but I am very confident that we will be able to establish the necessary trust that we need to execute this project. I would proceed without any reservation to bring you into the complete picture of this transaction. Before doing this, I would again like to reiterate the importance of confidentiality, as I am career bankers who is still in active service and would not like my names to be brought to odium or my long tenure in office jeopardized.

I am only searching for a God fearing and reliable partner for the purpose of this transaction; I have contacted you personally not as a matter of choice but of necessity knowing fully well, the monetary policies as regards funds transfer especially after the event of September 11th in America. I will be fully conscious in the pursuit of this project to make sure that we do not go against any local or international laws of funds transfer. You must understand that I am a family man and presently still serving here in the BOC Hong Kong. Before we proceed, I will be very transparent in this deal and if you feel you cannot continue after this email kindly let me know with reason.

MY ROLE IN THIS TRANSACTION/ REQUIRMENT:

To begin, I will proceed to appointing a Lawyer (an Attorney) who will assist me in handling the legal aspect of this project on your behalf since I do not want you to come down here.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU NOW ARE:

(1) YOUR FULL NAME (Middle name Inclusive),
(2) YOUR TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS to contact you on as regards the transfer,
(3) YOUR PHYSICAL CONTACT ADDRESS (not PO Box)
(4)YOUR DATE OF BIRTH (MM/DD/YYYY),
(5) PRIVATE/ALTERNATE E-Mail,
(6) OCCUPATION/BUSINESS,
(7) IDENTITY PROOF (Int’l Passport Or Drivers License) .

By providing I with these information and ID, I and the Lawyer (yet to be appointed) should be able to place together all documentation in your name to prove to the authority that you are beneficiary investor to the fund.

As soon as all these are done and ratification exercise has taken place, I will make a lot of under the table arrangement here; I will place an application of claim in your name for the release of the funds as soon as we have concluded with this arrangement using an international clearing agent with the assistance of the/your Attorney (Lawyer to be appointed). Every expense (documentations, Lawyer, Court etc.) this transaction/project will incur here will be my full responsibility.

So far, bringing this project to this present stage has cost me some fortune and I am yet to complete the necessary Under Table-Work and files exchange just because I haven’t found a Partner whose assistance is of vital need now, the same reason that prompted me to make contact with you.

YOUR ROLE IN THIS TRANSACTION/REQUIREMENT:

Your feudatory/major obligation in this deal is to Set-Up/Open AN OFFSHORE ONLINE ACCOUNT due to the policy of my bank for all our major investors. You will have to open up a separate (offshore) bank account in your name at any of our corresponding/affiliated Banks overseas (that has same telex with my Bank) and you alone have to be the signatory. This affiliated bank will serve as an intermediary between your bank and my bank (BOC). The aim of the intermediary [offshore] bank is to receive the entire funds from my Bank (in your online account you will open with them) without raising “RED FLAG” and from there you can have the entire funds transferred BIT BY BIT into any of your person/local bank account in your Country. With this arrangement, we are completely safe and the funds cannot be traced nor raise RED-FLAG.

BIOGRAPHY HIGHLIGHT

Wei Chen, male, Korean nationality. He was born in 1963. Wei Chen is a Chinese University of Hong Kong Graduate and research fellow. Wei Chen has been with the bank of communication for most of his career. He began in the Regulations and Laws Department, where he was promoted as director of policy research, and in the early 1990s he served as director and spokesman of the general office. DBS Bank as deputy Director of the State Administration of Foreign Exchange, from 2001-2008. He was Relationship manager DBS Bank from 2005 – July 2007.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRESENT AND PAST EMPLOYERS:

Bank of Communications Limited (as Branch Manager) – Present
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; 3328; Banking industry
Managed a sub-branch with 10 staffs
Meeting cross border clients for CIES and other business opportunities
Meeting with securities firm for IPO receiving bank business
Prepare quarterly management report

CITIC Ka Wah Bank (as Relationship Manager) – Past
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Banking industry

DSB Bank (as Relationship Manager) – Past
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; DBSDY; Banking industry
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Religion: Roman Catholic
Family: Married in 1987 with 2 daughters & a Son in accordance to Korean Birth Control
Address: 23 Jianshe Lu, Shenzhen 518001 R.O.C
House address in UK: 112, west George Street, Glasgow, UK.

#286867 by Kevin Ryall Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:14 pm
I got taken by this same guy (I am sure) I even got correspondence from Dalian Bank telling me they were holding funds - subject to me paying Hong Kong fees and taxes.

He signed a contract for $2 million investment but then all of a sudden wanted to move $200 million. We have people in London impersonating real financiers and people in Dalian impersonating real bankers.

In the end he could not understand that if I needed $2 million it was most unlikely I had a spare $390,000 to pay taxes etc.

An elaborate scam but a scam all the same