#256483 by Cline Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:53 pm
On 5/19/15, my website had a visitor that spent quite a bit of time looking at our product. It turns out that the visitor is in Ghana. This is his ip address 197.220.169.28

On 5/20/15, I got this email from [email protected]:
To whom it may concern ,
My name is Mr David Holder and i am in contact with you regarding
( Coupler Locks ) , can you kindly get back to me with some types you have and the price . Do you accept credit card as a form of payment .
Waiting for your prompt reply .
Mr David Holder
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
http://www.avast.com

I responded with this email, the same day:

Hi Mr. Holder:
Thanks for your interest in xxxxxxLock. The best place to get information about our locks is on our website. http://www.xxxxxxx. If you have any questions or concerns, you are welcome to give me a call as well. xxxxxxxxxxx. If you are in the North Texas area, I would be happy to give you a demo. We do accept credit cards. You can use a credit card to purchase locks on our website, or you are welcome to call me and we can do it over the phone. If you prefer to use a check, that can be done through the mail.
I hope this is helpful.
xxxxxxxxxxx

On 5/21/2015, Mr Holder responded with this email:

price me on the
Which is a set that we offer on our web site, and I responded with this.
$189.95 for the xxxxxLock
$100.00 for the set of 3 padlocks. All four locks keyed the same
$289.95 for the set.
Shipping, handling and taxes included in the price.
xxxxxxxxxx

About 20 minutes later, Mr. Holder responded with this:
make an invoice for me for 40 of the $189.95 for the xxxxxLock , but excluding shipping

And an hour after that, this email came in from Mr. Holder:
i want the keyed the same and i will recommend a freight company for the the pick up , email me with the total cost excluding shipping

This was my response:

For 40 locks, I can probably give you a better price. Where will we be shipping them to? Will you be purchasing them for resale? Do you want them all to be keyed the same? And if you are interested in having padlocks to match, we can take that into consideration as well.
I can get you 40 locks keyed the same for $6,000.00. If you are in Texas, sales tax will be $495.00.
Where are you located?

About a week passed and then I got this email from Mr. Holder.
Thank you for the quote , sorry for the late reply , i was on a business trip to Finland , am back in the united states. i will like to do more business with you and your company if this order goes well to my satisfaction I will like to recommend a freight company and see how much it will also cost.
[email protected] ) for the pick up of the 40 locks keyed the same to THE NETHERLANDS but i am based in the states Now I want you to contact them through their email address with the information below and request for the freight quote . Contact them
with the information below.
1. The pick-up address
2. The delivery Address below
3. The total weight on this shipment
Shipping Address
Surinamestraat 27
2585 GJ Den Haag
NETHERLANDS
Freight Company Email Address:
[email protected]
Try and CC me a copy of what you will be sending to the freight company. And including the pick-up location and they will surely get you a freight quote .As soon as you hear from them let me know so that i can proceed with the transaction .
Thank you
With that, I thought, now this is a nice break. I have someone that is interested in marketing my product in Europe. I have a gentleman in Canada, who has a legitimate business that I work with, so I didn’t see any red flags at this point.

Later that day, I responded with this:
I sent the email to [email protected] as you requested and copied you. We keep locks that are keyed alike in sets of 5, so it will take us about 2 weeks to put together the order with the 40 keyed alike. Keep me posted on what you would like to do.

I thought it was kind of odd that Danaos Shipping used a gmail account, but I had heard of them and knew that they were out of Greece. I also work with other people that work with shipping companies, that use personal accounts like gmail to take care of business, so I blew it off.

Later that evening, Danaos shipping responded with the following:

Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd for your shipping needs , We are glad and appreciate the fact that , you are using Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd for your shipping needs . .
Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd is operating within the frame work of its shipping policy and the policies are as follows :

a) Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd only deals with companies and organizations.This means that,the company does not deal with individuals.

b) Our company accept payment only from where the the pick-up will be done .This is because there will be a form which is going to be signed at the day of the pick up when Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd is coming for a pick the product or unit from the pick-up location And the product or unit will be delivered to the door steps of the delivery address .

PICK UP ADDRESS

Dallas, Texas

DELIVERY ADDRESS

Surinamestraat 27
2585 GJ Den Haag
NETHERLANDS

DETAILS ON SHIPMENT
Weighing 250 US pounds.
28X22X16
28" long 22" wide and 16" tall.
The freight cost is going to be $1,870.00. That includes international airway taxes ( I.A.T ), Tariffs and custom's clearance duties.It takes approximately 6-10 working days for delivery from the day of pick-up.

Thanks in Advance
Captain Samuel Heinze. -
Int. Shipping Depart
Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd
Contact Email : [email protected]
Contact Number : 985-200-4880
Business Hours:
Monday through Friday - 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday - 10:00 AM to 4.00 PM

*********************************************************************************************
This e-mail message and any attachments are only for the use of the intended
recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law..... If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, distribution or other use of this e-mail message
or attachments is prohibited................ If you have received this
e-mail message in error, please delete and notify the senderimmediately.....Thanks

The following day, I responded with:
Hi Mr. Holder:
Here is the information that I got back from Danaos Shipping Co. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

On 6/2 Mr. Holder sent me this note:
Did you receive my last email requesting for the total cos for the whole order

My response:
It would be the $6,000.00 that I quoted you, plus whatever it costs for the shipping. This is what your shipping company quoted me, The freight cost is going to be $1,870.00. That includes international airway taxes ( I.A.T ), Tariffs and custom's clearance duties.It takes approximately 6-10 working days for delivery from the day of pick-up.
I assume that you are a customer of Danaos Shipping. If so, it would be best for you to deal with them directly, and we can make arrangements for the locks to either be dropped off at a location in Dallas, Texas, or picked up at our location. It will take me a couple of weeks to build the 40 locks that are keyed the same. If you choose to do this, I would like to have half of the money up front, to process the order and the balance when they ship. $3,000.00 up front, $3,000.00 when the locks ship. We can pay the shipping if you would like. If that is the case, $4870.00 when the locks ship.

And his response:
Thank you for the email , I will want you to pay the shipping on my behalf so , I will want you to get back to me with the grand total cost for the
40 locks keyed cost :
Danaos Shipping cost :
Handling fee
Credit card subcharges :
Total cost :
With this i will get back to you with my credit card information's for the full payment .
Waiting for your prompt reply
God Bless you
Mr David Holder
My response:
40 locks keyed alike: $6,000.00
Danaos Shipping cost: 1,870.00 This is the price they quoted me. If it is different, I will pass it on to you.
No handling fee.
I don't think that there will be any credit card charges on my end, however, if there are, I will pass them on to you.
Total cost: $7,870.00.

Mr. Holder’s response the next day:
Hello Mark
Thanks for the email response back and in regards to the payment of $$7,870.00 for the order plus shipping, below is my Visa Card account information and i will like you to process the full charge once and send back the confirmation and below is the details

The Card is a Visa Card
CC Owner : David Holder
CC Number : xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
CVV2 : 334
Date Expire : 01 | 17

Billing Address: 297 Holly Cove Collierville, TN 38017, USA

And so go ahead and process the charges and send back the confirmation

Best Regards
David Holder

I ran the card and it was declined, so I sent him this email:
Hi David:
I tried to run your card and it was declined. I will go ahead and get the order started, with the lock cylinders keyed alike, so there won't be any delays. It may be possible that the large dollar amount is kicking it back. If you would like, I can try charging half and then the other half on another day.
I apologize for the inconvenience

With this, I have to ask myself, why on earth is this guy sending credit card information and why on earth am I accepting credit card information over a non-secure email?

About an hour later, I got this email, that was sent from Mr. Holder’s email account:

Attention : Mark

My name is James P xxxxxxxx (I believe that this is the first credit card fraud in this thread, so I am taking his name out.) a partner to David Holder in regards to the payment of the $7,870.00 . for the order plus shipping , below is my Master card account information and i will like you to process the charges and send back the confirmation and below is the details

The Card is a Master Card
CC Owner : James P xxxxxxxx
CC Number : xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
CVV2 : 877
Date Expire : 12 | 16

Bill to Address : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, USA

As already explained process the full payment and email back the confirmation of the transaction and will like you to handle the shipping and we will like you to know that they will handle the paperwork (Labels & Commercial Invoice) and all they will need from you is the paid invoice for the order and also as soon as the shipment is picked up from your location it will no more be your responsibility

Best Regards
James xxxxxxxxxx

I ran the card and it paid, with a receipt going to Mr. Holder’s email address.

A couple of days passed. Now it is 6/5/15, and I heard from Mr. Holder again:
Thanks for the email response back and i will like to let you know that even though the shipment is not ready yet i am leaving for a trade show and the information provided by the shipping company is only a quotation and not yet in their system and so to prevent the quotation from changing with time i will like you to contact them for their payment instructions so that you can secure payment to them and that way you as soon as they receive payment they can secure the quotation and book the shipment which will render the quotation to be valid for 6 months and within this period as soon as the shipment is ready you can notify them for the labels and commercial invoice for your review and pick up and so contact and secure payment to them right away and send me a confirmation as soon as everything is secured

Best Regards

My response:
I will take care of that today.

About two hours later, I got the following email from the shipping company:
Attention : Mark Cline

Dear Customer
Thank you for your interest in using Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd. for your shipping needs and services and below is the information regarding the shipping quote and payment terms for pick up schedule.

We will like you to know shipment paper works has started and is almost complete as we now only await for the ( (P U C C). Pick Up Confirmation Code ) from the head office. This is generated automatically from the head office as soon as the payment for shipping is received at the head office. We now advice you to make payment at your earliest convenience so that we can receive the ( P U C C ) to finalize the shipment paper works and put you on the shipping lists. Please pay to the head office financial Controller at the Powhatan, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002 USA information's below. You can pay by Bank / Wire Transfer to the below -account information which is the same as the shipping company.

BANKING INFORMATION
We will like to provide you with our Banking information for the shipping company so that you can make the payment directly into the account and the account provided is the account information for our financial controller because we have reached a limit on the shipping account and below is the information

BANKING INFORMATION FOR THE SHIPMENT PAYMENT

Bank Details For Bank Transfer Payments :
Beneficiary Name : Mr. Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Beneficiary Address : 309 Oak Ave Cherry Hill, NJ 08002 USA
Beneficiary Phone # : (908)751-3991

Beneficiary Account Number : xxxxxxxxxx
Beneficiary Bank Name : TD BANK
Beneficiary Bank Routing # : 031101266
Beneficiary Bank Address : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Cherry Hill, NJ 08034, USA
Beneficiary Bank Phone # : 856-482-6662

(I am not sure if the banking information is fabricated or if he is using hacked bank accounts.)

As soon as the transfer is made we will like you to send us an email with the transfer confirmation receipt of number and you can transfer the payment in any currency approved

And soon as we receive the above information then we can then book the shipment and provide you with the shipment tracking number and then as soon as the order is ready we can then send the labels and commercial invoice for us to come and pick up the shipment
Thank you for contacting Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd. and we would be extra unique in serving you.

(Sub Office).
Manager,
Captain Samuel Heinze
YOUR SHIPMENT, OUR COMMITMENT......
Thanks in Advance
Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd.
E-mail: 1. [email protected]
Contact Number :985-200-4880

Business Hours:
Monday through Friday - 7:30 AM to 9:00 PM
Saturday - 8:00 AM
to Noon Sunday - Closed
*********************************************************************************************************************************
This e-mail message and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law..... If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution or other use of this e-mail message or attachments is prohibited.................. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please delete and notify the sender. Thank you..............................

And a few minutes later, I get this email with an attached invoice:
WE ARE SENDING YOU THIS EMAIL TO LET YOU KNOW THAT SINCE YOU HAVE ACCEPTED THE QUOTATION PROVIDED WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW IS TO SECURE PAYMENT TO US BY SENDING THE PAYMENT USING THE PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS TO OUR HEAD OFFICE WHICH HAS BEEN EMAILED OR FAXED THROUGH AND AS SOON AS PAYMENT IS SECURE WE CAN SECURE THE QUOTATION AND BOOK THE SHIPMENT INTO OUR SYSTEM BECAUSE THE QUOTATION PROVIDED IS JUST A QUOTATION AND WILL BE VALID WHEN ITS BOOKED INTO OUR SYSTEM AND THAT WAY WE CAN SEND YOU A BOOKING NUMBER WHICH RENDERS THE QUOTATION TO BE VALID FOR 6 MONTHS AND WITHIN THIS PERIOD AS SOON AS THE SHIPMENT IS READY YOU CAN NOTIFY US FOR THE LABELS AND COMMERCIAL INVOICE FOR YOUR REVIEW AND PICK UP AND SO WE WILL WAITING FOR YOUR CONFIRMATION ON PAYMENT SO THAT WE CAN RECEIVE THE P U C C FROM THE FROM THE HEAD OFFICE AND DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT US IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER ASSISTANCE......................................

Now this is where I just get sick to my stomach...

I went to my bank with the wiring information and wired the money as requested. Mr. Holder’s partner’s credit card was good and paid. I had the full payment in the bank. I had the order, so in my mind, we were good to go. I wired the $1870.00, and sent a confirmation to the shipping company and copied Mr. Holder.

OK. The $1,870.00 has been transferred. I will let you know when the locks are ready to ship.

Three days passed. Now it is 6/8/15

I get the following email from Mr. Holder:
Hello Mark

Thanks for the email response back and for the additional order i will be needing 80pieces more of the 40 xxxxxxx which cost $150.00 each and so can you send me an email back with the total cost for the additional order and also i will like you to contact the shipping company for the shipping cost on the additional shipment to the same location and let them know i want both shipment picked up altogether with the first order already paid for and so i need them to as well add insurance for the total shipment altogether and email me back the second totals so that we can proceed with the second payment...

Best Regards
Mr David Holder

And a few minutes later another email:

Hello Mark

Thanks for the email response back and for the additional order i will be needing 80pieces more of the xxxxxxxxxx which cost $150.00 each and so can you send me an email back with the total cost for the additional order and also i will like you to contact the shipping company for the shipping cost on the additional shipment to the same location and let them know i want both shipment picked up altogether with the first order already paid for and so i need them to as well add insurance for the total shipment altogether and email me back the second totals so that we can proceed with the second payment...

Best Regards
Mr David Holder

My response:
I will be happy to put that together for you. I do have a question. On the first 40, we are keying all of the locks alike. Do you want the additional locks keyed alike as well? Keying the locks alike does not affect the price. I just want to make sure that you understand that all of the locks will be able to be locked and unlocked using the same key. I want to be sure that you know that I can build them so that each lock is randomly keyed, or I can do groups that use the same key set, or I can key all 120 locks to use the same key set.

His reply:
Thanks for your email well i would them to be randomly keyed.

I send a message to the shipping company:
Hi:
We would like to get a price for an increase in the volume of shipment that is going to the Netherlands. We will be adding an additional 80 locks to the order, making it a total of 120 locks. This will increase the weight from 250 pounds to approximately 730 pounds.
I am also wondering if your company makes shipments from Texas to Canada.

About an hour later I received a response from the shipping company:

Date : Monday, June 8th, 2015
Quote # : PT100229

Dear Customer

Thank you for your interest in using Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd for your shipping needs and services and below is the information regarding the shipping quote and payment terms for pick up schedule.

We checked on shipping an additional 80 locks. approximately 730 pounds. ..................Picking it up at your location to (NETHERLANDS),And is going to cost $7479.99 US Dollars for the second additional shipment quotation plus insurance for both the first and second shipment and includes custom's`clearance duties.It takes approximately 2 - 3 days for delivery from the day of pick-up.

Quotation Breakdown
Second Shipment Quote : $4,580.00
Insurance For Both Shipments : $2,899.99
Totals To Be Paid : $7479.99 US Dollars

Pick-up Address
Dallas, Texas

DELIVERY ADDRESS
Surinamestraat 27
2585 GJ Den Haag
NETHERLANDS

NB: We will also like you to know that the payment of the $1,870.00 USD for the quotation on the first shipments has been paid and received and so the amount you need to pay to us now is going to be $7479.99 US Dollars which is for the second shipment alone plus Insurance for both the first and second shipment altogether because we did not provide insurance on the first quotation and your client confirmed he needs Insurance on them and so the total for the shipment altogether is going to be ($7479.99 + $1,870.00) = $9349.99 US Dollars and as soon as payment is received for the balance of the $7479.99 US Dollars, we can secure the quotation for both shipment altogether and book the shipment and then as soon as the order is ready you can notify us for the pick up of both shipments together

Thank you for contacting Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd and we would be extra unique in serving you.

Our Promise, Your Saticfaction...

Thanks in Advance
Captain Samuel Heinze. -
Int. Shipping Depart
Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd
Contact Email :
[email protected]
Business Hours:
*********************************************************************************************************************************
This e-mail message and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law..... If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution or other use of this e-mail message or attachments is prohibited.................. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please delete and notify the sender. Thank you.......................

Notice that they added insurance into this quote.

My response:

We will be shipping all of the locks in the same shipment. 120 locks with the total weight of 730 pounds. 250 for the first 40 that we have paid for and 480 for the additional 80 locks. 250+480=730. Is that how it is priced?

And their reply about 30 minutes later:
Date : Monday, June 8th, 2015
Quote # : PT100229

Dear Customer

Thank you for your interest in using Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd for your shipping needs and services and below is the information regarding the shipping quote and payment terms for pick up schedule.

We checked on shipping an additional 80 locks. approximately 480 pounds. ..................Picking it up at your location to (NETHERLANDS),And is going to cost $6839.99 US Dollars for the second additional shipment quotation plus insurance for both the first and second shipment and includes custom's`clearance duties.It takes approximately 2 - 3 days for delivery from the day of pick-up.

Quotation Breakdown
Second Shipment Quote : $3,940.00
Insurance For Both Shipments : $2,899.99
Totals To Be Paid : $6839.99 US Dollars

Pick-up Address
Dallas, Texas

DELIVERY ADDRESS
Surinamestraat 27
2585 GJ Den Haag
NETHERLANDS

NB: We will also like you to know that the payment of the $1,870.00 USD for the quotation on the first shipments has been paid and received and so the amount you need to pay to us now is going to be $6839.99 US Dollars which is for the second shipment alone plus Insurance for both the first and second shipment altogether because we did not provide insurance on the first quotation and your client confirmed he needs Insurance on them and so the total for the shipment altogether is going to be ($6839.99 + $1,870.00) = $8709.99 US Dollars and as soon as payment is received for the balance of the $6839.99 US Dollars, we can secure the quotation for both shipment altogether and book the shipment and then as soon as the order is ready you can notify us for the pick up of both shipments together

Thank you for contacting Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd and we would be extra unique in serving you.

Our Promise, Your Saticfaction...

Thanks in Advance
Captain Samuel Heinze. -
Int. Shipping Depart
Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd
Contact Email :
[email protected]
Business Hours:
This e-mail message and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law..... If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution or other use of this e-mail message or attachments is prohibited.................. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please delete and notify the sender. Thank you.......................

With that information, I contacted David Holder:

Hi David:
I have the numbers in for the additional 80 locks. It is as follows:
80 locks @ $150.00 each $12,000.00
Additional shipping cost 3,940.00
Insurance 2,899.99
Total additional cost. $18,839.99
Let me know if this is ok with you and I will bill your credit card. Or if you would like, I can give you the wiring information, to wire the money to my bank like we did with the shipping company.

Mr. Holder’s reply:
Thank you for the email , Go ahead and charge the credit card for the full payment and get back to me with the confirmations or credit card receipt .

About an hour later from Mr. Holder:
Am in a meeting right now but try half and let me know . Waiting for your prompt reply

I tried to run the credit card and it was rejected because of the large amount. I sent the following message to Mr. Holder:
I was not able to run the credit card for that large of an amount. If you would like, I can try running it for half today and the other half tomorrow. Or I can give you the information to have the money wired to our bank account. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I ran the credit card with the two transactions and they both went through.

My message to Mr. Holder:
The 1/2 payment went through. The order has been placed for the additional 80 locks. I will go to my bank tomorrow and transfer the funds to the shipping company tomorrow. We will contact them once the locks are ready to pick up.
Thanks again for your business.

Mr. Holder’s response:
I just recieve the receipt , thank you and until tomorrow . God bless you

At this point, I had been paid roughly $25,000 through a fraudulent credit card. The funds were in my bank and I agreed to pay the shipping costs....

Here are my new instructions for payment, for the shipping:
Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd

Dear Customer
Thank you for your interest in using Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd. for your shipping needs and we have reach a limitation on our previous bank information's so i was asked to email you with our new bank information's for the remaining transfer of the .$6839.99 for the whole shipment plus insurance.
Bank Details For Bank Transfer Payments :
Beneficiary Name : Matt xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Beneficiary Address : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Colorado Springs, CO 80923, USA
Beneficiary Phone # : (908)751-3991
Beneficiary Account Number : xxxxxxxxxx
Beneficiary Bank Name : Wells Fargo
Beneficiary Bank Routing # : 516300391
Beneficiary Bank Address : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Colorado Springs, CO 80920, USA
Beneficiary Bank Phone # : 800-956-4442

As soon as the transfer is made we will like you to send us an email with the transfer confirmation receipt .

Thank you for contacting Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd. and we would be extra unique in serving you.
Thanks in Advance
Captain Samuel Heinze. -
Int. Shipping Depart
Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd
Contact Email : [email protected]
Business Hours:

**********************************************************************************
recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential orexempt from disclosure under applicable law..... If you are not the intended
e-mail message in error, please delete and notify the sender
immediately.....Thanks

The funds were in my bank, so I went do to the transfer as requested. We were unable to process the wire transfer because the routing number was not correct. I sent the following email to the shipping company:
I went in to make the money transfer today. My banker asked me to have you double check the routing information. She was unable to make the transfer. Check the information and get it back to me and I will get the money transferred as soon as I can.
Thanks

Their response:
Routing Number : 121000248
And another response:
If you are still having problem you can use the previous payment information

My reply to them:
Thanks. I will take care of this later this afternoon.

And with that information, I went back to my bank and transferred the $6.839.99, and sent a confirmation to Mr. Holder and the shipping company.

My email to Holder and the shipping company after the transfre was made:

The money transfer for shipping is complete. I will contact you when the locks are ready to ship. I expect that to be about the end of next week.

This is the email I got from Mr. Holder the following morning:

Hello Mark

I will be needing 95pieces more of the xxxxxxxx which cost $150.00 each and so can you send me an email back with the total cost for the additional order and also i will like you to contact the shipping company for the shipping cost on the additional shipment to the location below and i would like them to be randomly keyed.

Delivery Address :
922 Victoria Street
Wellington, 6011
New Zealand

Best Regards
Mr David Holder

With this, I thought, wow this guy has quite the importing and exporting business.

I responded:
Hi David:
I will get the numbers together for you today.
I have a question for you. Are these locks going to be going into retail shops, or trailer dealerships around the world? If so, we can put their locations on our web site, so that if someone in New Zealand, for example, is looking for a xxxxxxxx, they will know where to find one in their area.

His reply:
They are going to a retail shops

I contacted the shipping company for pricing:
Hi:
Per Mr. Holder's request, we will need a price to ship 95 xxxxxxxxx to the address from the Dallas, Texas area. The weight will be approximately 590 pounds.
Delivery Address :
922 Victoria Street
Wellington, 6011
New Zealand

The shipping company’s response:

Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd

Dear CustomerThank you for your interest in using Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd. for your shipping needs

Quotation Breakdown
Second Shipment Quote : $5,840.00
Insurance Shipments : $2,585.70
Totals To Be Paid : $8425.7 US Dollars

Delivery Address :
922 Victoria Street
Wellington, 6011
New Zealand

Pick-Up Address
Dallas, Texas

Thanks in Advance
Captain Samuel Heinze. -
Int. Shipping Depart
Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd
Contact Email :
[email protected]
Business Hours:

**********************************************************************************
recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law..... If you are not the intended
e-mail message in error, please delete and notify the sender
immediately.....Thanks

Mr. Holder’s email:

AM still waiting for the total cost to proceed with payment.

Another email from Mr. Holder, about an hour later:
I would like you to split the payment into two and run on the same credit card and email me back with the receipt.
My reply:
The shipping will be $8425.70 and 95 locks @ $150 each comes to $14,250.00 for a total of 22675.70.

While I was working on getting this order together, I took a call from my credit card processing company’s fraud department. We talked about the three credit card transactions that I ran. While I was on the phone with them, they called Citibank, who called the gentleman that the card belonged to and asked about the purchases made to my company. They said that they knew nothing about that. I returned the money to Citibank, and although I tried to stop the wire transfers, they were already a done deal. And that my friends is how I let a total stranger talk me into giving them $8,709.99. This has been a very valuable lesson in business. I hope that what I have learned here will benefit someone else who may find themself in the cross hair of a criminal.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Removed personal information.
Advertisement

#257366 by vonpaso xlura Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:14 pm
I am sorry to hear you were scammed. Please PM the bank account info to a moderator. We have a system in place for alerting banks of fraudulent accounts.

The product lad calling himself David Holder has never been in the USA, Netherlands, or Finland. His writing shows that he has been in Ghana the whole time. He is also playing the shipping company; its writing is not that of a Greek but that of a West African. The real site is http://www.danaosshipping.gr/.

1-985-200 is in Louisiana, not Colorado.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#257638 by vonpaso xlura Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:27 pm
He changed email addresses. His new address is [email protected].

He also changed shipper and destination.
Thank you for the quote . i will like to do more business with you and your company if this order goes well to my satisfaction I will like to recommend a freight company and see how much it will also cost.
( [email protected] ) for the pick up of the <snip item> to our mission house in Haiti but i am based in TX. Now I want you to contact them through their email address with the information below and request for the freight quote .

with the information below.

1. The pick-up address
2. The delivery Address below
3. The total weight on this shipment

Shipping Address

MISSION OF HOPE
777 Route Nationale #1
Titanyen, Haiti
Phone: 011-509-3702-2989

Freight Company Email Address:

BIANCO Shipping Company Ltd
[email protected]

Try and CC me a copy of what you will be sending to the freight company. And including the pick-up location and they will surely get you a freight quote .As soon as you hear from them let me know so that i can proceed with the transaction

Thank you

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10