Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#259532 by FakeJobKiller Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:11 pm
I have had experience with job scam before, and its post here too.

Today I got a new email, after I read it I looked up the site, it's created 3 days ago, and registered for 1 year only.

[email protected] is the email sender, so the site is nova-adviser.com

anyone received or heard from this site??

Thank you
Advertisement

#259547 by HannahsDad Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:32 pm
Nova Adviser Consulting at http://nova-adviser.com/index-2.html

Image[

Appears to copy the Intersect Group website at http://theintersectgroup.com/index.php
well their blogs (Insights) are remarkably similar!

Flexible Delivery Model
Our mission is to succeed by serving.
The Nova Adviser is a different and better business partner. We create unparalleled value for our clients by combining industry-leading Consulting capabilities with comprehensive Staffing and recruitment services. Clients trust us to deliver results based on our deep expertise and proven resources within finance, accounting, and information technology. Through our flexible delivery approach, you get the right solution, at the right time to accelerate your success and achieve all of your mission-critical objectives.

Email address: [email protected]
Sun Life Plaza West Tower, 144-4 Avenue SW, Suite 1600, Calgary, Alberta, T2P 3N4
(502) 414-1918

The address is Regus serviced offices
The telephone number is in Kentucky
Created anonymously 5th July 2015 for 1 year only
:woahdude:

#259655 by questionables Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:26 pm
Hey!

I honestly made this account in hopes of a follow-up to your situation with this company as I have recently been offered a position by them. Did you end up continuing communication with the hiring manager?
#259656 by questionables Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm
HannahsDad wrote:Nova Adviser Consulting at http://nova-adviser.com/index-2.html

Image[

Appears to copy the Intersect Group website at http://theintersectgroup.com/index.php
well their blogs (Insights) are remarkably similar!

Flexible Delivery Model
Our mission is to succeed by serving.
The Nova Adviser is a different and better business partner. We create unparalleled value for our clients by combining industry-leading Consulting capabilities with comprehensive Staffing and recruitment services. Clients trust us to deliver results based on our deep expertise and proven resources within finance, accounting, and information technology. Through our flexible delivery approach, you get the right solution, at the right time to accelerate your success and achieve all of your mission-critical objectives.

Email address: [email protected]
Sun Life Plaza West Tower, 144-4 Avenue SW, Suite 1600, Calgary, Alberta, T2P 3N4
(502) 414-1918

The address is Regus serviced offices
The telephone number is in Kentucky
Created anonymously 5th July 2015 for 1 year only
:woahdude:

I know Regus to rent out offices to thousands of companies. As for duration, is it wrong to assume that it could be a new company? My red flags were that I could find zero information except for it's lack lustre website. As a "scam advisor" your input would be highly valued :)

Edit: Punctuation
#259658 by malu53 Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:39 pm
the site nova-adviser.com is a fake

Created on 2015-07-05
Expires on 2016-07-05
Registrant Name: WhoisProtectService.net <<< somebody has to hide something :lol:
#259693 by vonpaso xlura Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:02 am
http://nova-adviser.com/opportunities/m ... ortal.html
The links to job postings go to another site. A real firm would have a list of its own job openings. The openings in Calgary are in Georgia, and the openings in Canada are in Texas.

The phone number of the Calgary office is in Kentucky.

From one of the job postings:
This position will be located at the Company’s headquarters in Calgary, Georgia

The form for applying for the jobs has a pulldown list of states, none of which is in Canada.

This site is in the process of being reported for fraud.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#259696 by Dotti Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:30 am
is it wrong to assume that it could be a new company

You only need to look at their own FAKE website to answer that question. You can see right there what they claim.

About Us

Founded in 2006, The Nova Adviser is a different and better business partner dedicated to people. We apply a relationship-driven, flexible delivery to serve CFOs, CIOs, CTOs, their organizations, as well as finance and accounting and information technology staff.

HD has already pointed out that they basically copied the website of a real company.
Legitimate companies do not blatantly steal copyrighted content from other companies for their websites.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#259714 by BustingScams Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:56 am
The job offer itself looks like a scam. I don't trust any company that offers a position without wanting to meet me... especially when they ask for me to fill in my personal info, sign it, and give them a copy of my I.D. without meeting them.

Further more, this scammer appears to be pretty desperate cause I have received an email from them on July 8 and 9, as well as today. The first one was the offer, the other two were "hurry up and send me the info or I'll have to give the position to someone else".

Total Scam!
#259743 by FakeJobKiller Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:09 pm
questionables wrote:Hey!

I honestly made this account in hopes of a follow-up to your situation with this company as I have recently been offered a position by them. Did you end up continuing communication with the hiring manager?

Hi, this company's HR emailed me again this morning I replied to her to reject her offer.
This looks to me like a scam, I think the person might be the previous one who has already made me apply for the job.
SO don't apply for the job neither talk to her.
#259750 by vonpaso xlura Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:17 pm
BustingScams wrote:The job offer itself looks like a scam.

Could you post the job offer? That should tell us what kind of scam it is.

#259763 by fedalhi64 Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:01 pm
I received an offer from them as well. Here I post their emails for learning purposes.

Email 1:
"We have received your resume and we are happy to inform you are acceptable for a
Customer Service position.
At the moment, company has several open positions in your area for full-time and
part-time employment (start immediately).
This is a great opportunity. Work in the comfort of the new affiliate in a dynamic company.
You get good qualifications working in our team of professionals.
No special education is required for the simplest tasks you'll just need to know the
basics of our work. We will teach you the basics you work on probation.
Three steps to register:
Read the Job Description.

If you have any questions – ask me or write a reply with your confirmation.
Read an Employment Agreement, and learn it.

To apply this position you should print it out, fill it in correctly, sign it, scan and
send it back to me by email.
Send a Copy of your ID for identification. (DL/Health Card/Photo ID)

If you have a quite good quality camera you can take a picture to your phone and send picture to me.
The procedure is simple and will not take more than 2 days.

Short description:
Small and medium business are clients of our company.
Main services we provide: Consulting, Staffing, Information Technology, Finance & Accounting.
You can find additional information about salary, work schedule and duties in the attached file.
Note:
You can easily find additional information on our website or feel free to ask
any questions about your duties and salary.

Right now we are at the very start of the process:
Read the job specifications and descriptions.
If you have any questions – ask me or write a reply with your confirmation

I am here to help you and I will do my best to help you get along with this.

Best regards,
Catherine
Employee manager"

I spent a day without answering and thus they sent me the 2nd email

Email 2:
"Please let me know if you received my letter with a job offer?
Check your spam / junk folder, please, maybe my letter is there.
I sent you a few letters and still have not received a reply from you.

If you want me will remove your address from our mailing list, please let me know.

I want to move on and do business.
Reply me soon, please, we will finish your registration process and arrange an interview.

I'm here to help you and I am always ready to answer all your questions about the job and the company, do not hesitate to ask me.

It's a great job offer in your city and we urgently need more staff.

No special education is required; for the simplest tasks you'll just need to know the basics of our work. We will teach you the basics you work on probation.

It's a beautiful day to start your career with a dynamic company.

Wish you a good time.

Best regards,
Catherine
Employee manager"

My response was basically "I have many doubts, can you guys give me a call?"

Email 3:
"Once you send me all the necessary documents, I organize a telephone interview with you on the phone.
After interviewing each new employee undergo 10 days probation period.
After the probation period, I arrange a meeting with a company representative in your city. Before you will have the option to work at home part time or full time office work.

Best regards,
Catherine
Employee manager"

With my response it seems they sensed it was too suspicious for me and stopped responding.

Update: Since their website is a copy of theintersectgroup.com I have emailed that company and informed them of the situation. They responded and stated that they will follow the issue as well.
#259767 by vonpaso xlura Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:09 pm
Could you post the job description? The Intersect Group has the addresses of the registrar, nameserver, and hoster and will try to shut down the site for copyright infringement; meanwhile we'd like to shut down the site for fraud, but we'd like to know what type of fraud it is.

#259800 by fedalhi64 Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:10 pm
Their job description is actually a form you fill out. I am copying and pasting the parts were you dont have to fill out anything.

"Today we seek for employees for our company to improve the quality of service and to speed up the processing of orders. It is not important where did you work before or where are you working now, but if you have combination possibility, you are sociable, responsible and self-exacting, you have a magnificent opportunity to become our employee and to receive high income. Today we make special demands to our employees as you are the persons who represent image of the company.

General Description
You must be able to provide exceptional customer service, providing solution based client reviews to open up new leads and increase market share amongst existing clients.
Data Entry and admin work
Process Client Orders
Sign and set up new clients with trading accounts
Development and implementation of joint business plans and customer strategy
Management of promotional engineering and trade investment
Taking the lead on progressive and modern customer and category development
* All customers pass the verification control; Our security department also considers an every applicant's criminal history and other public records.
* All communication will go with Supervisor / Manager. All questions, you can ask your Supervisor / Manager.

work requirements
1. Team work
2. Basic knowledge of MS Office
3. Accuracy
4. Problem solving skills
5. Top notch communication and writing skills
Additional requirements
1. An absolute must have at least a twice a day access to the internet for communication with managers and the use of the online office
2. Must have a cellular phone for urgent tasks"