Room for Rent and other rental scams
#335207 by Michelle Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:31 am
MADISON GAY <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello Good day
the House is still available and will only be given out to the right person that will take very good care of the place and the facilities.I decided to give out my house as a result of our work transfer to California ,I will be renting out the house for $750 (Including Utilities) water,gas,electricity and garbage and a security deposit of $750 (refundable) $100 for each pet as pet deposit (negotiable) and I need to inform you as well that money is not the major reason why I am renting it out but want someone who can take care of it as if he/she owns it.

The Address of the property:823 Douglas Avenue
Oviedo, FL 32765

3 beds / 2 baths

Note: I was actually working with a Realtor earlier but noticed he increased the rent more than i expected so i told him i was going to get a new tenant myself because the way he increased the rent and deposit, the renters can't afford it and it can even scare tenants away more so, with that act, the house will be vacant for long that is why the house is still vacant till now.So i have decided to rent it out myself that is why you can see the advert . But he still has his sign outside.But if you are willing to work with my situation, let me know so that we can discuss the rent further.

Cheers

MADISON GAY <[email protected]> wrote:
hello Thanks for getting back to me well After you done checking the house and you like to proceed, firstly you will have to fill in the application form ,if approved by me you will make the Deposit into bank account or money transfer system and yes the utilities in my name and might still reduced it for you later anyway cause i am not dealing with any realtor all i want is that i want someone that will take care of the property since i am not near for now due to my work commitment so i am telling you now that you have rented a good house from a good landlord OK just be fast cause i have allot contacting me that they need this House so bad and they are already ready to pay deposits asap and move into the house but i have not been listening to them all because i need a good person that will take care of this property for me..you can even google the address and check the inside of the house online so its will not waste time to proceed to the next step so this can be yours and you move in and once the payment has been confirmed i will send the keys over to you so you can go inside and check the house and move your things in gradually . if you are satisfied then you can continue living there and send me monthly rent when its due but if you are not satisfied i will willingly refund your deposit with immediate effect as soon as you send the keys and the lease agreement back to me . if you will like to proceed i will send you the rent application form on your request for it .

text me on 3156048258

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement