Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#341368 by bh52 Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:54 pm
My daughter was tricked into a 'make money' scheme.
Only after she asked me some info on electronic banking i found out, just in time.
The scam involved a bank called 'Izmir Commercial Bank', she was asked to use their website 'izmircb.com'.
I soon found out there is no bank with that name, Google returns nothing (not even the izmircb website!).
Looks like this website is just waiting there to be used in scams.
By posting this info on the web, I hope soon google returns this scam alert when people google for this bank or website.
Advertisement

#341370 by AlanJones Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:27 pm
Thanks for posting, the site is clearly fake. Can you provide some more details on the scam that your daughter was caught up in.

From the website:
Izmir Commercial Bank
Teleferik Mahallesi, Sakarya Cd. No:156
35330 Balcova/Izmir
Turkey

By email
[email protected]

By Phone
Call us: +905356853088

The phone number is a mobile phone, not something that a real bank would be using.

Izmir Commercial is a trading name of Izmir Commercial Bank plc. Izmir Commercial Bank plc, Registered Office, Teleferik Mahallesi, Sakarya Cd. No:156, 35330 Balcova/Izmir, Turkey (registered in Turkey, no. 3811109) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Register no. 286384), except for Credit Cards & Loans where we are licensed by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) licence no. 389792.

The above has been copied from a UK bank website.

From the WhoIs:
Creation Date: 2017-03-16T14:40:05Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-03-16

Registrant Name: Izmir Commercial
Registrant Organization: Izmir Commercial
Registrant Street: Teleferik Mahallesi, Sakarya Cd. No:156
Registrant City: Balcova
Registrant State/Province: Izmir
Registrant Postal Code: 35330
Registrant Country: TR
Registrant Phone: +905356853098
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#341371 by bh52 Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:56 pm
My daughter is embarrassed enough,I don't want to ask for more details.
She somehow was contacted by a facebook 'friend' and already had an account opened (for her?) at this 'bank' and a big amount was supposed to be waiting for her to transfer.
Hope she did not reveal to much information to the scammers.
Most important is this bank-website is marked as fake now, I see you moved this topic to the right place.
Thanks.
#341372 by AlanJones Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:42 pm
The Facebook 'friend' who referred your daughter to this fake bank is part of the scam, so she should remove them from her contacts if she hasn't already (it would be a good idea for her to review all of contacts and make sure they are people that she really knows as the scammer may have approached her with other accounts).

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.