Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#358072 by AlanJones Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:06 am
Not entirely sure what this dumb scammer is up to, but both parts of the email are definitely scams.

Reply-to: bryan morgan - [email protected]
Tel. No.: +22969452166

----------------------------------------------------------[Below is the scam email]---------------------------------------------------------
Dear Beneficiary,

My name is Mr.Adebayo Adelabu,the deputy governor CBN.This is to bring the good news to you that I have been mandated by the President Federal Republic in conjunction with the Federal Executive Council (FEC), the Senate Committee on Foreign Debts Reconciliation and Implementation Panel on Contract/inheritance/compensation funds to complete all the unpaid Contract/inheritance/lottery fund. You are required as a matter of urgency to reconfirm your information including your name, phone number and your address for verification and immediate payment within 24 hours.

To this effect, the sum of TEN MILLION, SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS has been approved for you.I wish to inform you that all matters relating to the release of this payment is now under my control and supervision. This development has become necessary due to the activities of unpatriotic government/CBN officials and impostors who keep on frustrating every effort to settle our clients by making requests for unauthorized fees and levies from them.

We apologize for any delay you might have encountered in the past; your payment is now 100% Guaranteed

Kindly choose from these three modes of payment (wire transfer, diplomatic cash payment and ATM card).

Best Regards,
Mr.Adebayo Adelabu
Deputy Governor CBN
--------------------------------------------------[Below is not part of the scam email!]--------------------------------------------------

Attention;

Season Bonus! Bonus!! Bonus!!! Bonus!!!!

I write to inform you that we have already sent you $5,000.00USD through Money Gram as we have been given the mandate to transfer Part of your compensation payment of $3.5million USD through Money Gram Office by the United Nations and ECOWAS assistance no more time again on our side and they want to make sure you pick up your funds before we close for the year 2017.

We offer special promo bonus and Your name was among our Promo winners for this year, This is because United Nations and ECOWAS are supporting individuals due to the worldwide economy meltdown. and our head office order us to release your payment for you now to be able to pick up your first $5000 we are offering a special bonus to all those among to be able to pick there fund, you are to send only $50 now for the activation of your fund transfer paper permit, the Normal cost of the activation is $125 but we offer special bonus that is reason why we lowdown the cost to $55 OK,

I would have requested for your phone number to give you the information through phone but internet hackers were many. i give you full Guarantee that noting will stop you not to pick your first $5000 today as we offer this season bonus, So be fast and go to Money Gram or Western Union and send the $55 immediately today so that you will pick up your first $5000 before we take on this New project, Remember the faster you send $55 the faster we release the payment of $5000 to you today so that tomorrow you shall pick up the next $5000 OK,

Go to Western Union or Money Gram and send the $55 with This Information below Immediately OK,

Receiver name:..............Frank Njoku
City:.............. Cotonou
Question:..............Nus?
Asnwer:.............. Bonus
Amount to sent:..............$55
Mtcn:..............
Sender name:..............
forward the sender name and your phone number,,,,,,,,
we are very serious and promise to make it up to you OK, after you sent the money just forward
the mtcn or Reference number to us here,

Thanks
MR.JOSEPH DOCO
Money Gram Marketing Director General
12 laminawa Cotonou Benin Republic
PHONE NUMBER: +229-69-452-166

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement